Here it is… the Eagle Retreat Shake and end of year wrap up video!
Depending on the speed of your internet, it might be better to download and play… have fun!
Great year, and thank you to T-Mac for having this seizure for us…
Seeking more of Him and less of me,
Eagle Retreat 2013 is on!
Even though A winter storm is coming it shouldn’t be upon us in the travel time there or back home.
So, Eagle Retreat is a go! Bring warm clothes, we’re going to have a winter blast!
As the 2013 Eagle Retreat is quickly approaching, just a quick reminder for moms and dads.
We all know there is a full slate of programs for students and that this is a powerful weekend getaway. But, there are 2 very important things that often get overlooked with regard to parents:
- There is a parent track, separate and distinct from everything the students do. It is a wonderful getaway, a highly valued training time and an amazing opportunity to fellowship with other moms and dads in ministry.
- !VERY IMPORTANT! Even if you can’t make the parent track, all parents are invited to a joint gathering between the parent and student track on Sunday morning. At 10:15 AM, there is a special weekend breakdown for parents only with the conference teachers and leaders. This is huge insight into the minds of your very on PKs. Then, join the retreat for worship at 11 am and lunch to follow.
There are some amazing opportunities for you as parents at this year’s Eagle Retreat and without a doubt… it will be worth your time. All you have to do is be there!
2013 Eagle Retreat T-shirts are being ordered tomorrow (March 7) so we need to get your registration in and/or let Mari know what size you want.
Txt Mari at 785-640-2317
She’d also appreciate random phone calls through out the day… Maybe…
Got this news for Eagle Retreaters 2013 from our Hootenanny coordinator! Read and be prepared:
I was placed in charge of planning an event for the Hootenanny at ER this year. After some chatting with Mari and Tmac, we thought it would be fun to have our very own ER Harlem Shake video. Jason is going to bring his recording equipment and we will plan on getting our shake on during the Hootenanny time. We are going to call it the “ER Shake.” Would you be able to put up some kind of information regarding this on the website? The main reason for advertising it on the website would be so the students can bring any kind of crazy outfits/props they would like to wear while filming the video – could you do this for us?
This will be fun!
Here’s the bare essentials
- Dates for 2013 will be March 22-24
- Theme: “Sway” from Ephesians 4:14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.
- There will be a work program again this year… details to come!
- Program Personalities:
- Speaker – Andy Addis
- Worship Leader – Jason Waller
- Teddy Bear of Listening – Mark MacKay
This years video wrap up, via YouTube:
Here is a link to all the photos from 2012: Photos
Here are the the audio files from the large group teaching times. They include some of the direction during prayer time and Andy’s messages… sorry, that’s still illegal.
They range from 70-100 MB each as they are the highest quality recording we can offer.
Many blessings. Use them as your own refresher or feel free to share. You can play them from this or download them for your own use:
Hey there Eagle Retreaters! Really looking forward to this year, and it’s just a few short weeks away.
Don’t forget that this year we will be doing a work project, just like last year. Honestly, how much work was it? It was more fun than anything else.
Still, it’s best to come prepared.
Plan on bringing clothes and shoes that you can work in and maybe get a little dirty. Also a set of work gloves would be great.
On top of that, just bring a great attitude and lots of expectations for good stuff as this year we are “climbing the family tree.”